MAY ACTIVITIES CANCELLED UNTIL IN-PERSON WORSHIP BAN IS LIFTED AND THE TUMC RE-ENTRY TASK FORCE IS READY FOR US TO BEGIN IN-PERSON WORSHIP SERVICES AGAIN
with this cancellation action, our purpose is that we do not want to take the risk of any of our members being inadvertently exposed to
the COVID-19 Virus.
AN EXCERPT FROM AN EMAIL FROM BISHOP FAIRLEY
APRIL 27, 2020: "...Therefore, I feel it necessary that we continue practicing social distancing by not having large gatherings, which includes in-person worship. We know the day is fast approaching when we will be able to, once again, gather in our places of worship to glorify and praise God, and honor Christ person to person. What a day of rejoicing that will be! The day is coming when we will be able to give you a more definitive date for reopening for in-person worship, a day where we are not reacting minute-by-minute, day-by-day, to this pandemic.
In the assurance that day is coming, we have put together a task force that will share with you in the days ahead what our “new normal” might look like. This task force will consider practical steps, processes and/or procedures that will be most helpful, safe and wise, as we prepare to reopen our sanctuaries for public worship..."
Taylorsville United Methodist Church
"ORDINARY PEOPLE LIVING EXTRAORDINARY LIVES"
The Methodists Church has been present in the Taylorsville community since 1833.
For the years of 1833-1841,
the Methodist and the Baptist
shared the "Meeting House"
on Garrard Street.
The present structure
stands on land purchased from
Benjamin and Polly Wells
on May 25, 1841.
The original building was constructed around 1841 or 1842.
After suffering from
the flooring and windows
of the structure
were raised up 3 feet in 1913.
An educational wing and parsonage were added in 1952.
Taylorsville United Methodist Church,
First Christian Church,
(Disciples of Christ),
and All Saints Catholic Church,
a historic Covenant relationship.
Our purpose: to work toward unity within the Body of Christ.
In 2003, Family Hall was completed.
In 2013 Pew Cushions and a Sound System were installed and Family Hall was upgraded.
In 2014 a spacious Parking Lot was constructed to make "a Space" for all.
In 2016 the Parking Lot was illuminated with lights
and sealed and re-striped.
Landscaping in the front of the church was changed in summer 2017.
New Roof for Family Hall & Education Annex April 2018.