Taylorsville United Methodist Church
"ORDINARY PEOPLE LIVING EXTRAORDINARY LIVES"
The Methodists Church has been present in the Taylorsville community since 1833.
For the years of 1833-1841,
the Methodist and the Baptist
shared the "Meeting House"
on Garrard Street.
The present structure
stands on land purchased from
Benjamin and Polly Wells
on May 25, 1841.
The original building was constructed around 1841 or 1842.
After suffering from
the flooring and windows
of the structure
were raised up 3 feet in 1913.
An educational wing and parsonage were added in 1952.
Taylorsville United Methodist Church,
First Christian Church,
(Disciples of Christ),
and All Saints Catholic Church,
a historic Covenant relationship.
Our purpose: to work toward unity within the Body of Christ.
In 2003, Family Hall was completed.
In 2013 Pew Cushions and a Sound System were installed and Family Hall was upgraded.
In 2014 a spacious Parking Lot was constructed to make "a Space" for all.
In 2016 the Parking Lot was illuminated with lights
and sealed and re-striped.
Landscaping in the front of the church was changed in summer 2017.
New Roof for Family Hall & Education Annex April 2018.
New Memorial Bench 2018.
New A/V & Altar Area Lighting March 2020.
New Furnaces March 2020.
Sanctuary Ceiling Sealed April 2020.
New Sanctuary Roof September 2020.
Sanctuary Attic & Bell Tower Sealed September 2020.
Sign Refurbished September 2020.